Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having some clunking in the front end. Disconnected one end of the front sway bar and no more noise. With that, I replaced the front end links with solid polyurethane end links from Perrin. That took care of most of the clunk, but there's still a clunk. So, now I'm guessing it's the worn out bushings.

Does anyone know of replacement polyurethane bushings that will fit the stock front sway bar? I've got a Rallitek rear sway bar and I'm fine with the way it handles, so I'd prefer not to replace the whole front sway bar, if possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 4eat
146 Posts
I'd like to do the same soon, but I have a complete stock system.. What bushings can I go with??
OP: did you get any farther in this situation

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered Part Number: 19.5105 from Energy Suspension -- 21mm black sway bar bushings (about $17 with shipping). It seems to have done the trick but I'll report back if it turns out otherwise.

·
Registered
2011 X auto
14 Posts
How can I tell if mine is busted. I get a clunk when turning left on angled grades. How hard was it to install the bushings?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured out that mine needed to be replaced because I had a clunk in the front end when I'd be driving slow over uneven pot-holed or uneven streets. I disconnected one end of the front sway bar and the clunk went away. I assumed it was the end links, so I first replaced those with these Perrin units:

Polyurethane Front Endlinks

Most of the clunk went away, but not all. Replaced the sway bar bushings with the Energy Suspension units referenced above. Easy to replace. Eight nuts and bolts (12 and 14mm) gets everything loose. You have to use a razor knife to cut the solid bushings (just cut them like the OEM units), grease them with the supplied grease, and bolt everything back up together.

No more clunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts