Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i need a bit of help, i wote the forester off at the begining of this year trying to avoid a women on my side of the road on some ice :tissue: being fully comp on my insurence i thought i would be fine, but no they came back to me saying she was a write off and said she was worth a grand and nothing more is their anyway to find a book value of what she is worth??? i have tried the glass value website but the dont even list the forester..
She had a service history and 85000 miles on the clock, this is her before the accident..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Have to go through the autotrader and pick half a dozen of the same approx age/mileage model.

First offer is usually a joke.

·
Registered
1997 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers stevem, i felt done over by them, not even enough cash to replace her but i plan on fighting them for every last penny i can :catfight:

·
Registered
1997 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi mark, thanks for the links they are a great help mate, yes it was an s/tb it was a 97 Japanese import with a full aero kit on it too..

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
did you damage the front?

and do you still have the car?

·
Registered
1997 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey nich b, yes i did damage the front of the car, and it got taken away by my insurence company, if i dont get the price i want i will be getting her back to rebuilt her.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
That last link with the black forester looks nice and and its cheap.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
Good luck with finding a replacement aero kit!!!!!

Reason I asked is that a lot of stb owners would like to source a splitter and need a front end to take a mould from

·
Registered
1997 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i know im guttede about the aero kit, i think the only bonus is i managed to find what's left of the front splitter, and being a car painter has its bonus, i think i can repair the front bumper and splitter and could make a fibreglass mould from it as i used to make kit's but that was awhile ago now.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,546 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Find similar advertisements in Autotrader etc. for the same car and provide a copy of the SH/items replaced pointing out to them that it was not the average cr*p you see around but was well maintained and in good condition. Don't accept their first offer, insurance companies are usually trying to exploit you!

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Did anyone call Len and ask if he still had the aero kit on the shelf ? It was there a while ago....

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
Yes i know im guttede about the aero kit, i think the only bonus is i managed to find what's left of the front splitter, and being a car painter has its bonus, i think i can repair the front bumper and splitter and could make a fibreglass mould from it as i used to make kit's but that was awhile ago now.
Someone tell or pm to mykp about this !

·
Registered
1999 Forester 2.0L Turbo
19 Posts
Hi, I just bumped up my pay-out (quite fairly) by £400 by providing 3 pdf files of autotrader ads for same or very similar spec Foz, pointing out differences like auto, AWP, etc - and justifying my claim in writing, comparing each example to mine (not just sending pix and letting them figure it out).

I pointed out that it was insured for meerkat value and therefore I needed a similar amount to relpace it like-for-like.

hth

andy

·
Registered
1997 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers for the help andy, when you say it was insured for market value did you have a preset price or was just what you paid for it?

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
hello :biggrin:

I've been looking to do this but unable to get a front spoiler, if you can do this I think you will find quite a few of us wanting a copy. even if there relatively unfinished. :N_poke:

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
doubt if you will get much for it , best off getting it back and selling parts off it , you'll probably get back whats its worth easily that way especially being an stb ...i had nearly the exact same thing happen to me 2 years ago in my Supra twin turbo 6 speed(not in the ice ) except the idiot driving the other way on the wrong side of the road on his mobile buggered off leaving me in a ditch ..thanks !! my supra was worth about 8-9k and they paid me out 5800 and i bought it back for 2200 thereafter selling the engine and gearbox for 2500 !!.....offered to take them to court etc but this turned out to be so expensive it just wasn't worth it , w#@kers

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
sad but true

however blacksheep is a sprayer, (is that right) might put some work your way as I need all the damage to my car painted at some point

·
Registered
1999 Forester 2.0L Turbo
19 Posts
The value on the insurance docs says 'market value' - as price paid was higher two years ago...

It's then just a matter of agreeing what is market value - that's all they will pay anyway regardless of what you claim - unless you can prove better...

·
Registered
1997 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey mykp

if i get the car back this is something i will look into doing so i will keep you guys posted :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts