Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 carpeted floor mat is worn through where my right heel rotates between the gas and brake... I don't really want to use the all weather mats. I prefer the carpeted mats during the spring-summer-fall. I use the bulkier hard ones in the winter.

Is there a replacement I can get that just has a more durable rubber section for where your heel rests? If i just get another OEM mat, it'll be worn out again in no time.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
I just ordered floor mats from findway.ca. They have a rubber heel section. They are look like material but are actually man made materials which make them good for wet weather. They also have edges that prevent water from seeping under the mats. I live in sunny California and these are perfect for our rainy winter weather.

·
Registered
2016 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ordered floor mats from findway.ca. They have a rubber heel section. They are look like material but are actually man made materials which make them good for wet weather. They also have edges that prevent water from seeping under the mats. I live in sunny California and these are perfect for our rainy winter weather.
Is there a cut out for the gas door opener? I bought a set of huskies, and they're missing the cutout. It's a real pain to have to lift the floor mat to open the gas door.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
Is there a cut out for the gas door opener? I bought a set of huskies, and they're missing the cutout. It's a real pain to have to lift the floor mat to open the gas door.
I have a 2019 Foz, which the new improved web site won't let me tell you. There is no gas door opener and hence no cutout for one. Google seems to indicate the 2009-2013 ones have a cutout for gas door handle, but 2014-2018 did not. Sending an email is probably the best source of truth. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...9-2013-subaru-forester-black-60020bb/10404990

·
Registered
2016 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed them. There isn't a cutout for the gas door opener. Their reasoning is that it prevents dirt from getting in there. I don't care about that. I care about having to lift a floor mat just to open my gas door.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Premium
492 Posts
@oggie
I have a set of factory carpeted mats brand new. As my #17 XT has the cold weather package and came with both carpeted and all weather mats. I replaced them with the husky liners. You pay shipping and you can have the carpeted mats.

·
Registered
2016 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@oggie
I have a set of factory carpeted mats brand new. As my #17 XT has the cold weather package and came with both carpeted and all weather mats. I replaced them with the husky liners. You pay shipping and you can have the carpeted mats.
Thanks! That's a great offer, but I'm in Canada. I suspect the cost of shipping to here would be a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts