Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Limited
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I bought my 1st Forester-limited. It is almost the same color as the '03 Highlander I traded in. I considered the Forester 7 years ago and really wanted to get one but it felt too small for me, especially on long trips. I'm glad Subaru made it bigger. I am also thrilled to have all wheel drive since we've had a lot of snow this season (but I bet we don't get any more now that I have the Subie!)
What do people think of the standard tires on the Forester? I've had Michelins in the past and wonder how the standard ones compare to other brands.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If by "standard tires" you mean the OEM Geolandars that come new on the Foresters, folks on this site generally don't like them and can't wait to replace them. However, for normal driving they will do OK for the first 18,000 to 20,000 miles. They aren't dangerous tires by any means in warmer weather (I drove through a strong tropical storm w/torrential rain with them and had no problems), but you will want dedicated snow tires for winter weather. Issues with premature wear on the Geolandars can be somewhat mitigated by rotating the tires on a more aggressive schedule, about every 5,000 miles.

Michelins would be an noticable upgrade when it's time for new tires.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,872 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! What year did you get? Not much information in your "Public Profile". :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Forester Limited
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bobby-I bought the 2010. When I created my profile the other day I was not yet a proud owner so I will change my profile now!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
When you do update your Public Profile, you can also add the vehicle info to your Signature, that way it shows up every time you post. When in you User CP, Edit Signature and add info year/model/trans and any other relavant info like SCSP-Subaru Cat Scratching Post :huh:

Enjoy the Forester and the Forum.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Welcome Catlover. I bought my Sage Green ForesterX Premium a on Feb.19th, and love it too.
Thought about a Highlander Hybrid..lot o money for sure and not that great of MPG considering the price.
What options did you get on yours?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts