Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 XT with Harmon Kardon and Nav along with Eyesight, basically fully loaded XT.

The current head unit is absolutely terrible and I want to replace it with one that has CarPlay.
Most of the aftermarket/third party ones on the market have trouble supporting Harmon Kardon or will cost an arm and a leg ($1k+)

Has anyone considered/looked into replacing the OEM headunit with one from a 2019+ WRX/STi that is salvaged/wrecked?
The headunit size is exactly the same and it will retain OEM look too.

Anyone look into this or consider this as I cannot find any research on this.

TIA

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring CVT
137 Posts
I have a 2018 XT with Harmon Kardon and Nav along with Eyesight, basically fully loaded XT.

The current head unit is absolutely terrible and I want to replace it with one that has CarPlay.
Most of the aftermarket/third party ones on the market have trouble supporting Harmon Kardon or will cost an arm and a leg ($1k+)

Has anyone considered/looked into replacing the OEM headunit with one from a 2019+ WRX/STi that is salvaged/wrecked?
The headunit size is exactly the same and it will retain OEM look too.

Anyone look into this or consider this as I cannot find any research on this.

TIA
Yep i'm interested in this as well. The StarLink in our 2018's is terrible. Would be great to get Carplay but i'm not holding my breath. Even though it looks like it will fit, doesn't mean it will. I bet all the connections are different..etc.

·
Registered
2016 forester
29 Posts
chances are slim to none. I've never seen radios fit between redesigns of vehicles.... sometimes the wire harnesses would still work, but the mounting holes did not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts