Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly looking to replace my 04 FXT auto. Really like the Subaru and was thinking of replacing it with another Subaru. I personally think the auto XT isn't "fun" to drive although it is quick and reliable. Has anyone driven/owned

• 08+ Legacy GT with paddleshift option
  • 09+ Wrx

I do have a lot of city commuting but want something fun to drive. Price cap about $25k.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
294 Posts
sometimes I think I made a mistake getting an FXT over a WRX... but I need the ground clearance and towing ability.

But boy would a manual transmission WRX be a blast! Go with that if you want my opinion.

·
Registered
2010 XT
28 Posts
I drove an 08 WRX for 3 years (well, 2.5) and traded it in for the FXT for a myriad of reasons. I do like the FXT but I miss the WRX every time I get behind the wheel. Hands down the best car I have ever owned. Fast enough for city driving, very reliable, unassuming looks, and with plenty of bells and whistles to make it comfortable. GREAT great car.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Possibly looking to replace my 04 FXT auto. Really like the Subaru and was thinking of replacing it with another Subaru. I personally think the auto XT isn't "fun" to drive although it is quick and reliable. Has anyone driven/owned

• 08+ Legacy GT with paddleshift option
  • 09+ Wrx

I do have a lot of city commuting but want something fun to drive. Price cap about $25k.
Go drive a 2010 LGT with the new turbo setup and a 3.6R legacy or outback with the paddleshift. Really impressed with them for what look superficially like a camry.

Kind of disappointing that the impreza GT is slower than the wrx and the fastest AT impreza and japan gets a sportshift auto STI.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,513 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the Legacy GT. They are more comfortable, and that tranny would be better suited for city driving. It would still be fun to drive, albeit not as fun as the 09 WRX. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the Legacy GT wagon with the manual that I found right before I got my XT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts