Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have fried the clutch after only 40000k's on the stock turbo.
do i
1. replace clutch only (AU$1250) and hope note to break anything else even after turbo upgrade or,
2. upgrade to a six speed with STi rear diff and clutch etc. (AU$5000) and eventually get an AVO400L turbo after i have finally paid off the box

help!

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
What year vehicle are you talking about, with which engine? The EJ20?

I'd say do the clutch and don't shift abusively. The stock trans will hold a lot of power if you don't abuse it.

·
Registered
2005 forester xt
113 Posts
6 Speed ,cool!!!!!!!!!!!

I have almost all the parts I need, Just so you know you need almost the whole rear driveline including the tranny from a sti to do the swap, also you will need a manual controller for the dccd www.neetronics.com out of canada makes one for around 400 bucks, your looking at around 4 to 6k for a used tranny and parts, plus labor and what ever else your going to put in clutch, pressure plate ,flywheel if your going to do it right??? Good Luck

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
I just don't see the benefit to having another gear, unless you're going to be doing top-speed competitions.

The 4.44 final drive in the Forester is a fantastic match for the gearing... I don't see the advantage of going to the 3.9 STi 6MT box.

I doubt you'll break the trans with the AVO400L unless you're abusing the hell out of it. It's not a weak gearbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts