Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 04 XS Forester with 106K miles.

I have a lot of shuttering going on in the front rotors when braking. Unfortunately, the shop says they are warped.

So, is it ok to replace only the front rotors (Centric Blanks) and front pads (StopTech Street Performance) and leave the rears with original rotors and replaced Subi pads with 60%?

Or should I replace front and rear at the same time?

Thanks again for all the help!!!!

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
How many miles are on the rear pads? What does the pad life look like on the rears? What kind of rotor condition are the rears in?

More than likely if you replace the front pads and rotors, the shuttering will cease. You just want to make sure the rear brakes are safe to continue to drive on.

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear rotors have 106K

The rear pads have 40K, but have a lot of material left

I am planning to have the rears turned and clean the pads to extend their life. They are good now and this should make them better.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
The rear rotors have 106K

The rear pads have 40K, but have a lot of material left

I am planning to have the rears turned and clean the pads to extend their life. They are good now and this should make them better.
Might be worth some new pads for the rears as well since you have a new fresh surface and older worn pads. They can even be just the stock replacement pads for the rears, since most of your braking is handled by the fronts.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
You'll be fine but the bias will shift to the front. You can probably just rebed the pads in front that you have but it will probably happen again with the stock crap pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts