Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 2002 Forester, about 100k mi and a few months ago the CEL turned on and the code was P0328- knock sensor high voltage, which seems to be a common problem from what I read on the forum. I replaced the knock sensor, and everything ran fine until last week. Now the CEL is on again and same code comes back... any ideas?

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Did you torque it down to the proper spec.?

·
Registered
2002 forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses,

I marked the orientation of the first sensor before I removed it, then torqued the new one to the spec. listed in Haynes. Could a wiring issue cause this problem?

·
Registered
05 FXT Broken 5-speed
239 Posts
Is this new knock sensor a Subaru OE part? Also, have you checked all the grounds on your intake manifold? Corrosion free?
Absubtle
CO

·
Registered
2002 forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this new knock sensor a Subaru OE part? Also, have you checked all the grounds on your intake manifold? Corrosion free?
Absubtle
CO
It is not from the dealer, I ordered it from Rock Auto. However, I replaced various parts with their components in the past and I never had a problem.

I remeber the plug connection was clean, but I did not check the ground wires nor the quality of the sensor wiring. I will take another look tonight.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts