Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha all, the driver's side washer nozzle on my 2009 Forester premium has decided to quit working (passenger side works fine). Can someone tell me how to clean and/or remove and replace the washer nozzle? This is my first Subaru and the design of the nozzle is different than I'm used to. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2000 2 Outbacks 1Man , 1 Auto
312 Posts
Hi Melody, Don't know about your model but on most cars they are a press fit through a hole in the bonnet (hood) and spring loaded lugs keep it in place . To remove you disconnect the water hose going to it and compress the lugs to enable it to pop out of the hole. When removed compressed air is best for cleaning but you could try blowing through it.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
On the scuttle (cowl panel) on the 09. Need to remove it (wiper arms first) or at least unclip the front and reach in under it to release the nozzle.

Before doing that, see if you can manage to backflush it with compressed air- might break up the obstruction.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
106 Posts
The nozzle is at its smallest diameter right where the water comes out. Try poking a needle or pin in it. That should clear any obstruction.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
Risky, as they're a fan nozzle and any marks on the inside will affect the spray pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts