Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6AT
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's forester has a random "tick" noise coming from the cargo area somewhere. Sounds like the hatch is loose, but it's almost surely not the hatch as I've torn the whole thing apart looking for anything loose, including where it latches to the car. Checked the spoiler, checked the spare tire, checked the spare tire kit, checked the rear seat belt where it secures into the roof, checked the rear seat reclining mechanisms... nothing.

I'm concerned the noise is coming from behind the interior trim either near the cargo area side windows, or behind the headliner. Does anyone have a diagram showing the clip locations for these pieces? The trim surrounding the rear quarter windows look intimidating to remove! I don't want to break any, so any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,265 Posts
Hi Ryan,

I've attached a doc for the 2015, but I don't know if it will be helpful for your wife's 2019. Feel free to download it if you want to; I'm going to delete it when you're done.

Mike

Edit: Or is the 2019 for your Toyota...? Heh!

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Forester CVT
12 Posts
I don't know anything about your vehicle but the 2014-2016 model years have a service bulletin 12-204-16R that addresses popping, clicking or creaking sounds in the upper D-pillar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts