Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Can someone please provide instructions on how to remove the cloth panel pit on the front doors of my 2009 XT? Right now they are a black fuzzy cloth that attracts my white dogs hair. I would like to replace it with black leather.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
I think if you take the door panel off there's screws or clips on that part so you can remove it. I just had my doors apart last night on my '03 but I doubt it'd be much different for the newer models.

·
Registered
13 Liberty GT wagon AT
436 Posts
Take off door panel - be careful there are a few screws, one in the bottom of the door pull recess under the tab, but another couple under the horizontal silver panels that needs popping up and off first. Remove the tweeter surrounds, then just carefully lever the rest of the panel off round the perimeter using a flat blade - dont forget to undo the electric plugs as you go.

The black fuzzy stuff is on panels that are joined into the door panel through plugs with melted ends (I had to repair the arm rest bit on mine). I just drilled the plastic back enough to detach them, then reattached them with short screws and washers. You could probably hot-glue them back too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts