Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 XT MT PP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I think something in my 2005 TX rear cup holders exploded and stained the moonroof sunshade. Its been a long time since I replaced the moonroof frame, where I had to remove the headliner.

Is there an easy way to remove the sunshade? Maybe removed the glass and pull the shade from the top?

Also any suggestions on cleaning it would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2004 4CC-PV 5MT
259 Posts
Not really... the shade is in its own channel in the sunroof frame so it'll require dropping the headliner to remove the entire assembly.

Cleaning headliners is tricky since the nap is typically pretty sensitive to abrasion (rubbing). Maybe a steam cleaner/Bissell type machine and the proper upholstery safe cleaner?

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
166 Posts
Oh man, I feel for you. Sorry, don't have any advice on the topic, just sharing something that may make you feel better: A friend of mine recently told me he got a coffee to go and put it on the roof of his 4Runner. What he failed to notice is that the moonroof was open... :Banane35:

·
Registered
2005 XT MT PP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I am not going to remove the headliner and frame again.

Steam cleaner is a great idea. I have one and will give it a try.

If I have a cup I put it on the glass instead of the painted roof. I can see how this could lead to troubles if the moonroof was open.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A bit of time later, how’d you get the liner off around the sun roof? Iv got all the other clips undone accept for whatever is holding it up around the sunroof

·
Administrator
13,883 Posts
G'day & Welcome @FloridaChrisXT Perhaps completing your model details would help with any advice:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts