Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2005 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experiencing some problems with the AWD system, torqing, binding, etc. when making slow turns, etc. I was told that I can actually disable the AWD system by removing a fuse from the compartment under the hood. I looked at the manual and fuse legend on the compartment lid, but can't ID which fuse relates to the AWD functionality. Maybe it is called something else, and I don't get that it related to the AWD. Thanks for your help.

· Registered
2005 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I removed the "A" fuse based on the diagram above and it re-enabled the AWD (and the AWD light is no longer displayed on the dashboard). With the fuse out, the Knocking, binding and torqueing has started again, but I want it in AWD with winter here. A mechanic told me to add some limited slip additive. At Advance Auto I bought this "Trans-X Posi-Trac Limited Slip Gear Oil Additive". It's supposed to help with the knocking and binding while the AWD is engaged. It says to add the product to the differential. Does this sound right? If this is right, I would just add it, not plan to drain the differential first. And would I add it to the differential gear oil level gauge? Thanks again, I appreciate the insight here. Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts