Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4 speed Auto
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the Remote Start for the 2014 Forester is like other manufacturers as in can you order it as an option-factory installed? I really don't like the idea of it being installed at a dealership unless it is a plug and play setup. Don't like the thoughts of cutting wires and making connections on a brand new vehicle by somebody who may or may not know what they're doing. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Not available direct from the factory. I'm also not sure if Subaru Canada has an installation center at the Vancouver port, overall numbers probably wouldn't warrant the costs. They have two installation centers at the US ports for dealer pre-orders where the accessories are installed. You could contact Subaru Canada to confirm where any accessories would be installed, my bet, the dealer.

Talk to the dealer you are interested in as to their experience they have installing this system. All plug and play but a little more work than the average person might be able to install. Even though they list wire cutters in the instructions, I could not find a reference to any wiring cuts required (maybe to trim zip-ties?)

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/72581/pdf/072581-H001SSG400FM5T-SRESIxIENFR20130527.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts