Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll be the open source remap, not sure on the fine details to be honest.

Had a fairly lengthy chat with them over the phone about the car and what I was looking for and they seemed to think that was the best way forward.

Tom.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back, didn't manage to give it a good go on the way back as the traffic was hideous but when I did get an opportunity to put my foot down I defintely noticed the difference.

After talking it through with guys at TDR I decided to keep it sensible and stick to around 300hp. He reckoned he could get more out of it, but I use it as the family car so didn't want to push it (at the moment, currently considering buying a cheap run-about for the wife :wink2:). I've attached the before and after print-outs here, let me know what you think.

TDR were really good I thought though, it's my first time so didn't know what to expect but they were happy to explain what they were doing.

Driving down to falmouth tonight for a weeks holiday, so will get a good chance to test it out around the cornish A and B roads!

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, after 300 or so miles of driving (on one tank of fuel, there were some tears of joy when i saw that!) i can definitely say it was worth the money. It definitely has more poke, but the delivery feels far smoother than it did before. I've also noticed that it sounds smoother than it did before.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That's a very conservative map on the car, but glad you're happy. It'll certainly be on the safer side of things as my head gasket let go around 350bhp on mine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
so, after 300 or so miles of driving (on one tank of fuel, there were some tears of joy when i saw that!) i can definitely say it was worth the money. It definitely has more poke, but the delivery feels far smoother than it did before. I've also noticed that it sounds smoother than it did before.
300 miles!! Nice. Being somewhat sensible, I'm getting approx 250 from fuel light to fuel light. There is a bit of town driving in there! But if 300hp and 300miles is achievable then it would pay for the remap in time with the fuel ups!

...insurance might be a different matter 😕

·
Registered
309 Posts
That reminds me I must look in on your project on s/net
Not a lot changed to be honest mate, was hoping to get it all fitted and mapped in May but that didn't happen as planned due to family commitments, so just driving it and enjoying it currently. Will get it done soon though. Just been tinkering with bits instead.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I lost a head gasket at 340 hp but standard cars lose them too. I'm not completely convinced it's a performance thing. Although I don't suppose it helps.

Anyway looking at the a/fs on that graph I suspect there's plenty more to come out of that engine if you want it.>:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts