Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im getting new axles for my99 foz and reman axles are much cheaper then oem ones, so any brand recommendations so i dont get bad axles??

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
Not sure if they sell them for Subarus, but I got both axles for a VW Passat a few weeks ago at Napa Autoparts. They are "Napa" brand and come with lifetime replacement.

Stan
I agree...I've had good luck with the Napa axles and the free replacement feature if one fails is pretty sweet too. When I bought mine they were like $65 or $70.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester XT VF39
13,009 Posts
My friend went thru 3 axels on each side of his 01 S. They kept using remanufactured aftermarket axels and with in weeks the vibrations would return. The issues didn't go away until they used genuine subie axels.

·
Registered
2000 Forester "S"
89 Posts
Just to clarify my post above. An OEM remanufactured axle is a genuine Suby axle. These are the axles the company I work for has the best luck with. The same goes for VW in my experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.