Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im getting new axles for my99 foz and reman axles are much cheaper then oem ones, so any brand recommendations so i dont get bad axles??

·
Registered
1999 Impreza OB Sport
4 Posts
I'd recommend going with NEW Empi axles. They use to be strickly VW parts but have added Subaru. you can get them new for 60 or so...

show me the parts dot com / empi \

no spaces and change the dot to .

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Not sure if they sell them for Subarus, but I got both axles for a VW Passat a few weeks ago at Napa Autoparts. They are "Napa" brand and come with lifetime replacement.

Stan

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
Not sure if they sell them for Subarus, but I got both axles for a VW Passat a few weeks ago at Napa Autoparts. They are "Napa" brand and come with lifetime replacement.

Stan
I agree...I've had good luck with the Napa axles and the free replacement feature if one fails is pretty sweet too. When I bought mine they were like $65 or $70.

·
Registered
2000 Forester "S"
89 Posts
I would stay away from aftermarket. From my experience OEM remanufactured axles have the least return rate as defective and perform better.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
My friend went thru 3 axels on each side of his 01 S. They kept using remanufactured aftermarket axels and with in weeks the vibrations would return. The issues didn't go away until they used genuine subie axels.

·
Registered
2000 Forester "S"
89 Posts
Just to clarify my post above. An OEM remanufactured axle is a genuine Suby axle. These are the axles the company I work for has the best luck with. The same goes for VW in my experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts