Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering the easiest way to grease the my Cobb front swaybar with out having to take it all apart? What grease do you recomend?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,712 Posts
I just installed front & rear COBB sway bars. The rear bushing has a niffty Zerk fitting for regreasing. As the front, they're greased when installed & the instructions don't mention anything about regreasing them. Having just done the front, I'd say you'd have to remove the 2 subframe connectors to get to the bushing brackets. :frown:

I'd recommend COBB grease. It's not a normal grease, almost feels sticky. The part number on the tube is 9.11109. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 XT
675 Posts
Not fun. I've done it two ways. Yes remove the two clamps, not fun, then you can spread the bushing and squirt some lube in there. Helps if you disconnect your endlinks so you can rotate the bar which gets the lube completly around. Not worth taking the bar compleatly out.

The other way, since my bushings are a bit worse for wear, I just put the tip of my lube tube up there and with the endlinks disconnected I can rotate the bar while i squirt. the resistance eases as the lube distributes around the bar. Cheap n easy.

If not lubed up well my bar tends to wander in tight turns and creates a pull or offcenter on the steering wheel until a mile or so when the bar recenters. the more binding in the bushing, the longer it takes to recenter. Yes my Whiteline 27-29mm fsb came with the clamps to the outside of the bushings.

I lube with Park Bike hub grease:rock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts