Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 FXT CVT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

I register me and my FXT in this Forum because the Information and Fan Base about the Subaru Forester in Europe is very small.

The most People here in Germany buy the Forester for Hunting and something like this but not for Modding & Offroading...

My english is very bad bad but i will do my best to write correct :)

Regards from the middle of Germany

Rolando7001

Attachments

·
Registered
19 19 Touring, 17TrgXT CVT
632 Posts
Welcome @Rolando7001 to the Forum!

I was just in Germany last month and really enjoyed driving the no speed limit part of the A4 from Munich to Nuremberg every day.
When it is safe to do so, would be interested in how your FXT handles on the Autobahn at higher speeds than here in the US. Most highways over here in the US we have a maximum of 112 km/hr although there is one road in Texas where you can drive up to 137 km/hr.

I only saw about 4 Subarus on the German A4 the week I was there and they usually stayed around 140 km/h. I was cruising fine at 230-240 km/h in a E-200 for the week. I did pay attention to the speed signs where it was regulated and saw police speed photo vans almost daily in those sections.

Was really a struggle after that when I was in Poland where the max speed was 140 km/hr. Didn't see a single Police office on the Polish part of the A4 while there for a week. I hear the EU is looking to impose 140 km/h engine speed limiters on new cars starting in 2022. How is that being received in Germany?

·
Registered
2014 FXT CVT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for welcome!

The most People drive on the "Autobahn" 120 - 140 km/h because the Fuel is expensive her for the most People.

With my lifted FXT i never drive on the Autobahn until now, because we have another Car for this.

I think more than 130 km/h is realy loud with BF TKO2 and a FXT, but i test it in the Future.

In Germany is the Police on the Streets much more present like in Poland because we have more Transit.

The Discusion about the Speed Limit is only a little Part from the Freedom which the Gouverment will cut after cut like stop printing 500 Euro Banknotes...

Some green and red Politican will setup this but i think there is no way in the next 10 years.

We have much work to do here to bring the old Gouverment out of the Parlament because they sucks.

Its a little sorry for me that we have not more Subarus here but otherwise its easy to have a exotic Car with Subaru :)

Regards!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
Welcome! It must be a challenge to get parts, even with the internet. Shipping costs will be high. Your English is better than my German! Google translate is my friend :)

·
Registered
19 19 Touring, 17TrgXT CVT
632 Posts
You are right about fuel consumption at high speeds. I must have used about twice the fuel at that speed for the distance. Even at 240 km/h, a Porsche came out of nowhere and passed me on the right doing at least 300 km/h. Didn't think about the noise in a Forester at that speed. The E-200 was very quiet and about three times the price!

·
Registered
2014 FXT CVT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To get standard-Parts is possible in 1 - 4 Weeks, all other i order from AU or OZ,US, with a lot of shipping and tax cost...
And after mounting parts from other Countrys you have Trouble with the germany "TÜV" inspection... LOL... cost a lot of nervs :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts