Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used Cobb AP and followed the directions to a T. I unplugged the AP and tried to start the car. All I heard was click click click.

I then uninstalled the AP, and tried to start the AP and click click click. The car will not start.

What have I done?:tissue:

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to jump the car, but it did not work. It is the original battery, so I think that could be the case. I will try it again.

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up draining the battery. I appreciate the reponses. I definitely freaked myself out.....

Thanks for the help. Now I have to save for the Maddad TBE...

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
glad to hear you are up and running!

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Did you disconnect the green diagnostic plugs after flashing?
I know the OP figured out it was the battery, but just for clarity, the car will start and run and drive with the diagnostic port plugged.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
I know the OP figured out it was the battery, but just for clarity, the car will start and run and drive with the diagnostic port plugged.
Thanks for the info. I've never actually tried it (on purpose or accident), so I wasn't sure. :smile:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,741 Posts
Im love a happy ending!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
657 Posts
I noticed when flashing with my AccessPort is that you need to hold the key on START for much longer than normal.........

Oh yes, and that is SO scary!!

S

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
I noticed when flashing with my AccessPort is that you need to hold the key on START for much longer than normal.........

Oh yes, and that is SO scary!!

S
reflashing period, the ECU appears to be going through a re-cal process and doesn't start on the first few cranks. That only applies to the 32-bit ECU's I think. My 16-bit ECU doesn't do that...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts