Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last summer I picked up my first Subaru, I've owned lots of hondas in the past but loved the idea of the forester after a recent trip out to the NW coast. So when I got back sold the Teg and bought a subaru. It had 96xxx on it and now i have 102xxx. My only complaint is the gas mileage. But I've only done a couple mods to it so far. Im an avid Xm listener and so I had to hard wire xm system up and got a bug deflector. Modded up my Benen tow hooks that were made for the integra, then needed a hitch so put on a 2" reciever and bought a four wheeler with trailer. but after reading everyones threads, plenty more mods are in store. enjoy and feel free to make comments.

and my 06 Scrambler

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,944 Posts
Nice pictures of your Forester! Looks cold... very fitting for this time of year. :wink: Always good to see another member sharting a Journal! :cool:

Curious, why the the "tow hooks"? :confused:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the tow hooks came in handy on my teg being 2" off the ground and I paid around 140 for the hooks, so if they worked on the teg I would find some use with the subaru. Easier to get the tow chain on the front and the rear when I was stuck in the snow bank and don't have to clear snow around the front to get at the hook itself. As for mods, I would like a rear deflector cuz I get so much crap up on my window and would like to get some fender flares and some hella lights. I have a yakima rack but right now waiting for the right towers. but toying with a cage on top after seeing some around here. Maybe some interior mods too, cuz Im not a huge fan of the interior. don't think I'll swap any turbo, way over my head without someone holding my hand.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get some more pics up when she gets washed. But I have all the windows tinted plus the front shade done. I have a buddy that does powercoating and would like to get the rims done black. kinda going with a silver black theme. The guy I bought it from through in a dog divider and it came with the rear cargo rubber tray and cargo curtain. Plus upgraded boston acustics speakers all around with 10" infinity baselink in the rear.

·
Registered
2019 canadian convenience
240 Posts
more info on the rear tow hook please. I don't have any in the back on mine, and since I'm playing tow car when we go ice racing, I need to fin a way to install one on mine. Where did you bolted it up?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sure, I'll give a write up about it and get some pics of my yakima bike rack too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
when you got stuck in the snow bank?..i didnt think subaru's got stuck.. no just kidding nice addition.. wish mine had a tow hitch..

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, hope this helps you out with the tow hooks. I had got the tow hooks for my 99 Acura integra. Benen makes makes em and so does passwordjdm and some other places . I had paid like 140 for both and didn't really want to sell em so I modded the front tow hook for the rear. But it helps on my forester I have a quality s 2" reciever hitch that I mounted the front (tow hook for the acura) to the rear by measuring the distance in holes and use the already pre drilled hole and then drilled a hole so I could mount it right up to the tow hitch. Very sturdy and came in handy this winter.

andy my yakima bike rack

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
Nice Forester, Looks good.
:biggrin:
as for the "tow hooks" I would caution against using those as recovery attachment points.

lets give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were designed to pull rolling drag/race cars up to the line (..being generous here)
that is going to have different forces and requirements than getting the foz unstuck and/or getting someone else out of the mud..

just sayin..

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Forester S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not sure on the tow rating on them, but I know if your not jerking it out of the snow and just pulling it out works great. As for the one on the front, it is connected to the ring under the car on the chasis. I've been pulled out many many times with my acura with em but it was a necessary because the car was 2" off the ground and it would have ripped the bumper off using the normal rings under the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts