Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did go through most of the monumental "Auxiliary Lighting" threads. I'm just looking for something reasonably priced and just manually switched on and off. Thank You!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Put in OEM fog light kit last week, took a little over an hour. There are some great write ups here, and you do not need to take off the front bumper or the dash which is in front of the spot you need to add a relay to.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
^^ Agreed. Just need to do a little re-aiming of the fog lights and they are rather quite functional.

·
Registered
2006 Forester
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put in OEM fog light kit last week, took a little over an hour. There are some great write ups here, and you do not need to take off the front bumper or the dash which is in front of the spot you need to add a relay to.
Ok, thanks everyone! I have a 2010, does the kit include the "different" light/turn signal lever?

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
I'm assuming it does. I had the dealer install them before I took possession of my fxp. They switched out the old light switch for a new one with fog light mode. Also, had foglight icon on dash light up, when in use.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Instructions for '09 kit indicate the new switch (item #3) is included.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Yup its included... its plug and play... pull out the old stalk and plug in the new stalk. easy as cake.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
I did not disconnect the battery, no problems with that. As AzNFoLife said, included new stalk..just two screws hold it in. Easy as....pie :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2010 Forester X A/T
10 Posts
I also have a 2010 Forester and want to install OEM fog lights. I'm not too experienced with something like this. Reason I was holding off on it was due to front bumper removal. I see you were able to install without removing the bumper. Was this difficult without removing? Where do you add the relay? Not too familiar with auto electrical.

Appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts