Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my STI IC swap today and had a little issue. I was trying to get the recirc hose off the fitting at the air intake pipe. The clamp was on the bottom and as I was screwing with it to get it off, the whole fitting popped out. I don't know if anyone else has done this, I'm sure someone has. I can't get my hands into a space that a toddler probably barely could. Is there a way to get that air tube out and back in without removing the intake man. and everything? This really peeves me that something so simple is going to cause ten times more work.

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
821 Posts
The turbo inlet usually requires the intake manifold to be lifted to get out. If you have to do this and the inlet is stock you should use the opportunity to upgrade to a silicone one.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. For now I'm getting some high strength Loctite bond for plastic (3030) That stuff is made for low energy plastics which is what that tube is. I've used it at work already and the stuff is awesome. I'll just trim the piece so it fits back in easily and then bond it. Once it's set, I'll put some RTV around it to make sure it's good and sealed. I really don't feel like pulling the manifold up and then having to re-seal that also.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The turbo inlet usually requires the intake manifold to be lifted to get out. If you have to do this and the inlet is stock you should use the opportunity to upgrade to a silicone one.
I may be getting a new one, where would I find the silicon ones?

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
821 Posts
There are many brands available. I quite like the Perrin one as you can supposedly insert it without lifting your manifold. I have the one by XO2 though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts