Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2019 base model. Working very well. Turned in a 2005 Scion XB which was very spartan. This new Subie has more electronic gadgets than I want to deal with. But in time I will eventually get them down. So far am impressed with the vehicle. My only concern is the Lineartronic cvt. Hope that Subaru has fixed the problems. I would like to get 15 years off this little beast if possible.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,247 Posts
@Concord&2019 welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
I really like my Forester in spite of all the electronics! It gets easier over time once you learn the quirks of the electronics. Very busy instrument cluster and displays. My 95 Civic is so basic it has roll up windows! My Foz is the Sport model and the keyless entry has grown on me now that I remember to lock it. The keyless start can still be confusing trying to figure out if the car is off :) I wish the radio/infotainment would turn off when the "key" is off. I purchased the 10 year Gold Plus and hope that the Foz will go 15 years. Right now, I'm doing lots of biking and putting on 2500 miles a year on the car. But I think I'll taking some driving/hiking weekends now that I have reliable wheels.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
90 Posts
I would like to get 15 years off this little beast if possible.
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. You may be interested in the many threads on here about changing the CVT fluid and whether or not it should be changed. Under 'normal driving' conditions, the fluid should last the 'lifetime' of the CVT. If you are trying to get 250-300K and 15 years out of it, I would probably make a plan for inspecting and replacing the fluid a few times over it's life. Search the forum, but here's a couple to get you started, these are not for your year specifically, but the argument is the same and you should be able to find more about the '19's as they get used more with time.

Also, I would take it to the dealer for the change, they have the procedures documented to do it correctly, anyplace else is a crap shoot.

('14-'18) Problems after changing CVT fluid?

CVT Service for 2015-17 Forester - service interval?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts