Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday,
I'm wondering if anybody has had any problems with fitting after market seats in the 2009 Forester's??
I have found that originals do not have any lumber support and are way too short in the seat base.
I have a couple of Recaros in the shed that I want to fit once I have them recovered and also purchase a mounting brackets for them.
I have spoken to the Insurance company and they dont have a problem as far as voiding any claims in case of an accident. As long as it is noted on the policy they are fine.
I am not sure about warranty issues with Subaru though.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,846 Posts
Do the Recaros have airbags? If not, I'd think your insurance company would dispute any claim where the airbag could/would prevent injuries. :confused:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
I am the only person I know of that has recaros in their forester. good thing u checked with the insurance co first as this could be a big prob if it ever came up.

I know that recaro seats bolt up to sparco bases just fine(for 03-08 at least. Sparco makes bases for the 08+ wrx which i believe has the same bases as the fxt as some others have noted. So in theory just bolt the recaros onto the 08+ wrx sparco bases and you should be good to go. They will sit VERY low. I personally ran a 1" piece of square tubing as a spacer

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many Thanks for the advice.
Yes the Subbie does have airbags in the seat and the insurance company does know about them.
They told me that it would be noted in the policy so if the car was written off that they would be paid for.
Maybe different rules here in OZ as in the States.?

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Insurance said it wasn't a problem and that it had been noted on the schedule.
I cant wait to fit them as I have a slight twist in the spine and have been running the same Recaro's since 1984.
Just get them recovered every now and then.
Try and buy vehicles with black or dark grey interiors so they always match.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
95 Posts
I REALLY want to see these!

I got quoted $4,500 for a new set matched to the light grey interior. I think they are the new side airbag version too.

I wish more manufacturers would include extendable thigh supports!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I called motorsportseats and getting a quote on the Recaro Style and LXF. The guy said the seat would fit with the mounting hardware but I don't want to sit any lower than I already do... Since seat comfort is important and I really don't want car payments this might be what I need to keep the car another few years...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts