Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
07 Forester
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats the dealer price. Does that price sound correct for the insert or should I head over to an autostore to pickup a whole new arm? I need new insert for for this Sunday.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
That's same price as an entire blade Autozone...inserts are like 8$ for two.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
292 Posts
i picked up my wiper insert for 3.27 from Gresham nissan subaru!

the whole wiper itself was only gonna be 15....

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
I need one as well, dealer in Canada wants $22. They don't sell the inserts. I was looking at inserts at our local autoparts store, it has metal arrows at both ends but not running down the entire lenght like OEM. Will this work ?

·
Registered
2003 Forester X Auto
947 Posts
Or you could buy an '03 metal wiper arm, then you could mount any 15" or 16" wiper with the sheppard hook attachment.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Interesting thread. So $23 and buy replacement wipers or $7 @ pop. Probably worth retrofitting for the PITA factor. I've been driving with a torn wiper (doesn't work at all) for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
07 Forester
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm using Areo wipers that I ordered from HodgesSubaru for the front, but I forgot to order for the rear back then. Just need something cheap that will last throught the winter for now.

I'll just call up another dealer and see what price the have.. if its another insane price, i'll just pick up something from napa

·
Registered
2003 Forester X Auto
947 Posts
17' may be pushing it. I ran a 16' flex without problems.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Premium PZEV
32 Posts
For the Aeros, will just a refill work okay or do you need to replace the whole arm? I can't believe I'm still driving with the original blades; I should get an NSF grant for a longitudinal study of inertia.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
For the Aeros, will just a refill work okay or do you need to replace the whole arm? I can't believe I'm still driving with the original blades; I should get an NSF grant for a longitudinal study of inertia.
For the aero's (I'm assuming your talking about the subaru aero's on the 09+ fxts) the refill works just fine.

When I purchased my aeros, I got refills at the same time, through Ben at Hodges at that time. It's a couple minute job to replace them.

dm

How does anyone find the napa rear replacements???
I'm getting tired of not having the top of the rear window clean. This is with the subaru refills on the rear recently installeld.

It seems like the "no rear composite wiper arm" is the way to go

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Premium PZEV
32 Posts
(I'm assuming your talking about the subaru aero's on the 09+ fxts)
Indeed, those are they, thank you. I asked because back when I had a mortal vehicle the springthings in the wiper arms would more or less die, and new blades alone didn't give enough wiper-windshield contact.

I have noticed that there is a swath on the passenger side which only gets swept once the windshield and/or passenger blade warms up. For ~10 minutes on cold days there will be unswept wiper fluid just sitting there.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
I've been really pleased with the aero's on the fxt and the wrx. :icon_biggrin:

Not so pleased with the stock rear windshield wiper. :icon_mad:

dm

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Premium PZEV
32 Posts
Okay I need a sanity check.

Asked my dealer to replace front blades, and he yanked the Aeros and replaced with new, regular, arms.

He said the Aeros can't take a refill and that warranty replacement doesn't cover the Aeros.

Is this B.S.?

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
I will get that arm too but can i use jointless 17" flatwiper?
I think it fits too, if not i will shorten it...
For my '04, I got an rear arm from a maybe '98-02 Legacy at a junkyard for maybe $10 that takes standard refills. I run a 17" Rain-X standard jointed blade on there. It doesn't last quite as long as Bosch Excel I use on the front. The key on the rear blade is getting one with an extra "segment" on each side. The Bosch have fewer segments and will not curve enough to wipe the glass fully at the top.

I had problems with getting a good wipe with Anco 16" beam blade on '00 Forester too, so I'm not too keen on the beam blades.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
Okay I need a sanity check.

Asked my dealer to replace front blades, and he yanked the Aeros and replaced with new, regular, arms.

He said the Aeros can't take a refill and that warranty replacement doesn't cover the Aeros.

Is this B.S.?
BS. the aeros do take replacement refills, it's a subaru part.... as I stated before in this thread, i've refilled the aero's on both our wrx and fxt.

dm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts