Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 F150
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the rear washer for the first time today. I just got 2 streams running down the windshield. Is that all there is? Or do the jets need adjustment? I assume it's supposed to actually spray the window.

Tnx
Terry

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Two streams sounds right.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
I get the 2 streams too I was actually worried that the hose might be kinked somewhere in there. It happened to my neighbor on his 2001 Impreza wagon and he swears that's what caused the rust at the rear corner of his wheel wells. Almost every old Subaru I see has this rust in the same exact spot. Its good to hear that its normal.

·
Registered
09 Forester
94 Posts
Anyone know where to get replacements for the wiper baldes? Just put Anco bar blades on the front and love them...

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
Got two streams as well. I kinda wished it would do the fan type of thing that the fronts provide.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
741 Posts
I think the problem with our vehicles is that they are extremely boxy (but god is that ever nice!... just not aerodynamically speaking). See, after we cut the air apart with our vehicles, a big air vortex forms in the back of our vehicles. A steady stream is better than a mist, because the mist can possibly be just picked up by this air and move it away from the window.

Think of it this way, when you go through a car wash and drive down the street, your entire vehicle still remains clean when you stop (with certain exceptions, such as driving down a dusty trail...... :p ) but the rear of the vehicle always has some dust on it. I just experienced that today being my first wash with my recent pickup of my 04 XS.

Essentially, the two streams offer a thicker more concentrated stream that has some weight to get onto and down the window some. :)

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
I definitely understand the thought process and engineering (fluid dynamics) of it, it just looks kinda pitiful in the rear view mirror as it just streams down the rear glass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts