Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got myself my first subie... a pre-owned '05xs... a couple of weeks later, i discovered that both windows at the rear wouldn't roll down completely. about 6 inches worth still stick out above the rubber.

now, before i begin tearing down the door mouldings to find the problem, maybe someone can share a page about the procedure. that way i won't have to guess through it like i always do with stuff in the absence of the proper instruction manual (which usually leads to a broken clip or two at the least!)

tnx in advance.

nathan

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
The window can't roll down any further, there is no room, look at where the wheel arch is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
It is normal.

It is also normal for it to drop down angled due to the aforementioned wheel arches.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They should make some sort of windows that would be able to go down all the way, but by looking at the window I doubt that it's possible.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Don't forget that this also provides some protection for yoru children...

and by "they" do you mean subaru?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doh! why did i not figure that out? well, i'm glad i asked before working my way inside the door.

i will miss having a window-full of breeze from the rear, though. but i'm sure there was a good reason for that. added safety for the kids being one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts