Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share a little about this, it's a project we're working on right now.
Should be up and running tomorrow AM, tuning starts tomorrow. Hopefully on the road by monday!
We're using a 2002 WRX case with 06 gears. Not going for a super high power car, just a different daily driver!

Here's a few of the trans: 2002 case, 06 gears, no front dif (bad boy takes 7.75 quarts of fluid to fill!), custom center diff.

The ends of the front Axles must be removed and the joint must be taken apart so you can have them in to hold the bearing together.

And why buy a $4 plug when a simple fix can be found for 25 cents!

And as if that all isn't fun enough! The car is painted with chalkboard (yes real chalkboard) paint! Tons of fun!

I'll get some pics of the car done as well as on the dyno soon!

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thanks guys, it's a friends car! It's as much a :icon_eek: for me too.
Very cool though, can't wait to drive it!

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a perfect fit! Right inside the edges of the bolt.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
Why did you remove the front diff?

I just did a modded center diff and left all of the front running gear in place. I replaced that welded center diff with a PPG spool and ran it with various transmission configurations. It was fun, to say the least. I could sit there and do a brake-hold burnout through 4th gear.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
I gutted a stock center diff, then welded the top plate on.

I replaced that with a PPG spool. The most fun that car ever was, was RWD with a PPG dogbox. Hit the brakes, floor it, shift off the rev-limiter. It made FAR too much power to be even remotely useful, but it was a LOT of fun. Made me realize why people buy American cars. Burnouts.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^
this, it was up and running today! Holy crazy to drive! Really fun though. Tuning monday!

·
Premium Member
01 L
250 Posts
niiiice. And I love the paint job......was thinking about painting my forester the same way:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts