Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X 2.5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, i have a 2003 Forester 2.5 X. When i take off or accelerate the rear window washer fluid leaks out of the nozzle, all else works on the rear washer/wiper. Is this a common problem, and is there a fix. I do not have a dealer near me, so am trying to suss it out myself?

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester X
1 Posts
Leaking rear screen washer

Since you posted in April you've probably fixed this yourself but.....there's a small check valve underneath the styrofoam in the boot floor on the left hand side. It costs $6.00 from a dealer and about 1 minute to replace. I found the solution on a US post here complete with photos - and the part number shown in the pics is the same as in the States. Mine has leaked all year and I've only just got round to fixing it.

·
Casper reincarnated
2,245 Posts
Since you posted in April you've probably fixed this yourself but.....there's a small check valve underneath the styrofoam in the boot floor on the left hand side. It costs $6.00 from a dealer and about 1 minute to replace. I found the solution on a US post here complete with photos - and the part number shown in the pics is the same as in the States. Mine has leaked all year and I've only just got round to fixing it.
Thanks Mark R Gibson, I found your post via the Search button as my rear window washer has just to leak in the same manner, mind you, 9 years is good service for 6 bucks. :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 forester at
271 Posts
So your car is peeing.... need to look at what kind of liquid it is... maybe it is too yellow, then you need to change its gas diet.... better yet, park your car near a tree and see if it wants to leak again... if all fails, then use some white powder and put a dipper in its place, I garantee no more leaks.

Sorry, been up all night trying to watch formula 1 and I am dilussional now.. :)

·
Casper reincarnated
2,245 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts