Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the rear view mirror moved down on the windshield on Eyesight equipped Foresters vs. non Eyesight equipped Foresters?

I had a 2015 non Eyesight Forester XT. Traded it in for a Eyesight equipped 2018 Outback. Yes, different vehicle, windshield rake, etc. But one thing I noticed after about a week of ownership was that the rear view mirror was now right in my field of vision, great if I'm driving backwards using nothing but the mirror. But to the point depending on the intersection or turn, the rear view mirror can block me from seeing a vehicle to me right. Obviously I can just move my head a little, duck down nothing major but still an annoyance that I don't remember having with my non Eyesight Forester.
So I went to look at a 2018 Forester XT with Eyesight (I do like Eyesight now that I've owned and used it). I adjusted the seat to my liking and the rear view mirror wasn't in the way AS much as in my Outback, but not AS out of the way as I remembered it being in my non Eyesight Forester. Which leads me to believe '14-'18 Foresters with Eyesight have the rear view mirror lowered a tad.

I've looked at the 2019 Foresters unfortunately I don't remember if the rear view mirror was an annoyance or not, I'll need to look again. But I did look at a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe which uses radar and a single camera for their ACC. And was immediately struck by unobstructed view I had out of the windshield, left to right due to the rear view mirror being nicely tucked up to the headliner and out of my way at least.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Do you have it moved all the way up? It's not the easiest to figure out, but you should be able to move it up higher. There are two points of adjustment.

From the Crosstrek forum:

"Mirror has two articulated joints that can be used to adjust its vertical position, one close to the mirror itself and the other one close to the attachment plate."

Take a look and see if yours has the same.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As a relatively tall person at 6'2", I find this to be an issue in all cars I drive. I have to see around it to make sure there's nothing 'behind' the mirror.

Outback is a lower car so I can only assume the rearview mirror would be a little lower than a Forester with huge amount of headroom.

I didn't know that you can adjust the mirror position. I'll try it on my 2019 Forester.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have it moved all the way up? It's not the easiest to figure out, but you should be able to move it up higher. There are two points of adjustment.

From the Crosstrek forum:

"Mirror has two articulated joints that can be used to adjust its vertical position, one close to the mirror itself and the other one close to the attachment plate."

Take a look and see if yours has the same.
I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to give it a look!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I tried and was able to adjust the rear view mirror upwards by a little bit. It helps, but not entirely. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Raz007
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing