Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had my Forester for just over a month now and I've noticed that when it gets cold out, like sub-freezing temperatures the compass on my rear view seems to go all haywire. For instance, I regularly drive on a freeway between my town and another almost directly north. The entire trip it kept saying I was going SW. Even when it did change I never once saw it say I was going N, NE, or NW. E, SE, S, SW, and W: yes but nothing north. I warmed up the last couple days and all of a sudden the compass is indicating the correct direction again, including northerly directions. Does anyone have experiences like this?

Also, the auto-dimmer either doesn't seem to work, or it doesn't seem to do much that one can tell. I know my parents have a Mercury with an auto-dimmed rear view and and headlights make it go practically black, but nothing like that in mine.

Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,418 Posts
The earlier version of the autodimming mirror is know to fail. Many decide to go back to a standard mirror or buy a replacement. I sold my standard '03 mirror (upgraded to an autodimming mirror) to a member here on the forum for the cost of shipping. :wink:

BTW, I always liked Pacifica Blue Pearl Metallic on a Forester! :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 2 of 2 Posts