·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got my camera and spent weekend installing it.
P1010816.jpg
Well... Project mostly succeeded. I was lazy as usual and used wireless video transmitter instead of hard wire. The drawback is that I have flickering image sometimes from interferences. But otherwise, camera works great.

Another thing that I didn't do is I couldn't locate brown/yellow wire to splice into to make my head unit switch to camera when I shift in reverse. So I still need help here.

So... let's start.

First I needed ACC 12V inside my tailgate. I found it here in this connector.
P1010817.jpg
Its black and yellow wire.
P1010818.jpg
Here's how I made it.
P1010819.jpg
Then I unscrewed rear plastic cover outside of the car and figured that I need somehow to wire cable from camera from outside to inside. Since I hate to make holes in a car, I used hole that used for tailgate handle. To remove screws that securing handle I had to unscrew rear wiper assembly:
P1010820.jpg
So I unscrewed handle and run the wire there. Then I removed one of the license plate lights and replaced it with camera. That's how camera looks from outside:
P1010821.jpg
Here's how finished insides look:
P1010822.jpg
And here's the result! :)
P1010827.jpg

·
Registered
My06 Forester XT Premium 5 Speed Manual
12 Posts
2019 and im here attempting the same thing but im going a step further and mounting a camera in the front bumper too thanks to the OP for posting this info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts