Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Manual
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, just recently upgraded my rear speakers to Rockford fosgate's, running some 5.5's right now that came with tweeters that I'm looking to install.
Does anybody have a location they used to mount their tweeters or am I S.O.L? I was thinking maybe using the ashtray area in the back but just wanted to see what everybody else has done.

Thanks for the input!

Jon:Banane35:

·
Registered
2002 Forester 5 Speed
81 Posts
I just got a 98 forester and will be doing a full audio install including components in the front and rear. I will let you know what I find after I get the door panels off.

·
Registered
2000 Ford Focus Wagon 5 speed manual
463 Posts
Sounds good, ive done the front and the rear, cant seem to find a rear location though. Let me know if u have questions about anything

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
well if it's going to happen, they better be in the doors. As far away from your ears and as outboard as possible

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT Manual
219 Posts
If your ashtray is in the back of the center console don't do it. Your tweeters set your soundstage. You want them roughly ear level.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Manual
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good thread schmee, MrJeff, my ashtray is on the driver side rear door. More or less ill just keep them out of the car for future projects that I could use it for.

Thanks again Schmee

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts