Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
03 2.5x
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own an '03x and have purchased a used set of swift springs and also sti aluminum lat links. the springs are for an '04+. the question is should i go with stock '04 and up top hats or should i look into an upgraded route such as group n or camber plates. not sure the drop will allow for the correct camber.

any suggestions?.... any input is welcome

thanks

list of mods so far:

spt/sti short shifter
kb rear bushing
sti rear sway and mounts
whitline subframe lockout bolts

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,752 Posts
No need to change top hats (they are the same 03-08) unless you want go get something stiffer... but you will probably not notice much/any difference, as Swifts are rather soft anyway.

EDIT: Considering the chamber, you should be fine. If not just, get chamber bolts - a more appropriate (cheap and functional) solution for your level of modifications.

·
Registered
03 2.5x
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks… I read somewhere there was a difference but had no way of verifying since the springs have not arrived (should have them today!).

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
How do you like the lock down bolts?! I just did STI suspension on my X and have a set waiting to be installed. Also as stated you can simply re use yours.

·
Registered
03 2.5x
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the sub-lock bolts are the ticket. they made a big improvement. made it feel less like a wagon. any recomendations on camber bolts?

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
I prefer H&R. Pricier than the rest, but then again the rest are all the same one (same manufacturer, rebranded). My alignment guy says H&R are the best because they're built like stock camber bolts which are beefy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts