Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester wagon
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tail lights that do not work and the fuse keeps blowing. i have put a fuse in and the lights work for a short while then i have nothing. I think it started with left turn signal not working(the left indicator arrow on the dash would stay illuminated and the left indicator lights would stay illuminated) when the lights were turned on. When they are off thought the turn signal works. Since then the ABS dash light has come on for a trip and gone off for the next trip ,as well as the air bag dash light thathas gone on and off. also when i use the left turn indicator, with the cruse control being set the set and the lights on , it disengages the cruse. Any ideas? the car is a 2003 forester and only has 55K miles on it. thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
Check all the connections in the wiring for the taillights. I would bet there is a poor/bad connection/short that is to blame. Only way to find out is old fashion hands on detective work.

Separate connection, clean, dielectric grease, reconnect, check wires and move to the next.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
+1 and if your car is equipped with a trailer hitch and wiring, have a look along there as well.

Keep us posted with what you find.

·
Registered
2003 forester wagon
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will start the detective work. I think you may be right about the connection issue, plus there is a trailer hitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts