Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
09 Forester XT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm new here & would like to ask the opinion of the tech savvy gurus about the above.

I wish to improve on the "roly poly" handling around bends while not losing ride comfort & compliance. I do not race nor go to the track; just looking for better handling. From my reading in the Whiteline tech site and from other forums, it's been suggested the best improvement for your money is to change the rear sway bar & also the endlink.

My questions are:

1) What difference will I feel if I changed both the front & rear bars (and also the endlinks), as compared to just upgrading the rear bar?
In particular, I am referring to Whiteline's combo of BSF39Z (22mm) & BSF49Z (20mm) with endlinks KLC39, as compared to just the rear bars (BSF49Z (20mm) with endlink KLC39?

2) The Whiteline endlink is a spherical bearing type. I understand this will increase NVH. Do you know any endlink which has a bushing type which is compatible with the Whiteline's adjustable rear sway bar (BSR49Z-20mm)?

I hope to hear your feedback & input.
Thanks much.

BR

Don

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
i dont have an 09, but swaybar logic is the same throughout all year foresters.

doing both is the best way to do things. i like to run a staggered setup, bigger front/smaller rear bar setup. IMHO the front shows the most improvement, and doing the rear brings everything together! 22f/20r sounds nice. if you do just the rear, the car will become more "donkey happy."

kartboy makes a nice alternative to the wl endlinks, id look in2 those.

·
Supporting Vendor
2005 80 CC
550 Posts
i'm running the WL rear bar on my 2010 FXT with our endlinks. Swift springs. Sadly i dont remember what diameter bar it is. I'm still looking for a good front bar. as the WL front ones have had the suck lately.

so far i'm really pleased with the results.

T

·
Registered
2007 STi
28 Posts
Whiteline rear swaybars for Forester

G'day everyone,

Hope you don't mind us popping in but we were just told about this thread.

Hey Tom, I'd also like to know :biggrin:

Don, there are some other options now to the KLC39 spherical links and others. KLC139 is a zero compliance ball/ball heavy duty link to replace stock however using a nylon encased ball housing like stock. However, its oversized in the main dimensions so its much less likley to pop out like stock.

In essence, being a non-bushed link, fitting the rear bar with the KLC139 will deliver a direct connection making the bar work harder but with out the potential downsides of sphericals.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Whiteline Jim

·
Registered
09 Forester XT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
09 Forester Xt sway bars

Many thanks for the input from you guys.

After listening to your advice & more research, I think I will opt for the following:

WL BSF39Z (22mm) & BSR49Z (20mm) adjustable bars with KLC139 endlinks. I hear there will be a new endlink for the rear soon: KLC166. I'll wait for more information on this before proceeding. Hopefully it's bushed and not spherically-ended.

Reason I opted out of the BSF39XZ (24mm) & BSR4949XZ (22mm) is that it might cause the ride to be a tad too hard, even tho the stiffness will be appreciated around bends.

Again, many thanks for your advice.

Cheers

·
Registered
2007 STi
28 Posts
Whiteline swaybars and new links

G'day everyone,

donzchan, I think that's a well balanced choice and will cope with a lot roll allowing some tuning as well. There should be more info posted about the links soon.

Just to correct, they won't actually be "bushed" but more like the stock design albeit with bigger, beefier parts to cope with much bigger swaybar loads. That is, metal ball pin running within an encased special heavy duty hard plastic cage unlike a spherical.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts