Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, for quite some time I've had creaking in the rear whenever I turn. Would this be strut-related or is this a common occurance? Would it be logical to replace the struts? Thanks for the help!

p.s. I have a 2000 Forester S

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,752 Posts
Too many things can creak there (sway bars bushings, suspension links, springs on struts, struts on hub (if loose - unlikely), rear subframe, etc.), need more info on type of noise, localization etc.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well all I know is that it's in the rear, not sure which side. And the best way I can describe it is as an old rocking chair. I really can't think of another way to describe it other than that. Let me know if you need more information, this has just been bugging me for awhile now. Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
Well all I know is that it's in the rear, not sure which side. And the best way I can describe it is as an old rocking chair. I really can't think of another way to describe it other than that. Let me know if you need more information, this has just been bugging me for awhile now. Thanks!

If you push up and down on the suspension can you make it repeat the noise?
My 08 was doing that before I traded it in.
They said it was the tophat on that side,was getting it changed out under warranty when I traded it in.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said it was the tophat on that side,was getting it changed out under warranty when I traded it in.
I haven't tried that yet, but I will tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried stressing the suspension today, but to no avail. Only creaks while turning, and not moving vertically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts