Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

We have finalized the rear subframe bushing inserts for the SH Chassis. However, there is a catch! Because nobody answered our call to get these checked on some particular build years. Some owners will not be too happy about not being able to get these installed sooner. But I can say that if your Forester build date is from June of 2010 and forward, then these bushings will fit without any issue.

These bushings have the necessary voids removed to work with the sub-frame spacer mounts. We are taking pre-orders on these bushings now and are offering them in two duromeeter ratings.

Comfort and Sport. Comfort is the softest rating we will offer and we are also going to offer up the sport rating for those who want to have a bit more tighteness out of the rear.

Price: 104.99USD for the complete set.

You can order the bushings from our site here:

Comfort Bushing Inserts: PowerFlex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, COMFORT, 2009+ Forester | Mann Engineering

Sport Bushing Inserts: PowerFlex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, SPORT, 2009+ Forester | Mann Engineering

Powerflex includes the proper grease to go with these inserts.

Order them now before this first shipment is sold out!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring
75 Posts
Two questions:

1. I'm very interested in these inserts based on the discussions in the Suspension and Handling sub-forum but my Forester X Touring (Canadian model) has a build date of June, 2008. Am I out of luck for the time being until you figure out if these fit okay?
I did some research on SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! website and found two different cross member bushings listed. One is up to 5/31/2010 and the other is post 06/01/2010. Obviously, there aren't any pictures to figure out what is different. Is there any chance that Powerflex will release something that will work for the pre-June 2010 SH Foresters?

2. Do you ship to Canada? I'll send you a PM with my address and postal code so you can give me a shipping quote.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two questions:

1. I'm very interested in these inserts based on the discussions in the Suspension and Handling sub-forum but my Forester X Touring (Canadian model) has a build date of June, 2008. Am I out of luck for the time being until you figure out if these fit okay?
I did some research on SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! website and found two different cross member bushings listed. One is up to 5/31/2010 and the other is post 06/01/2010. Obviously, there aren't any pictures to figure out what is different. Is there any chance that Powerflex will release something that will work for the pre-June 2010 SH Foresters?

2. Do you ship to Canada? I'll send you a PM with my address and postal code so you can give me a shipping quote.

Thanks!
To answer your questions:

1. Yes you are a bit out of luck and Subaru Genuine parts is not entirely correct either on their listing. For the US, there are 3 part numbers that were used. There is pre-04/10, 05/10, and post 06/10. Yes, there is one month of production where there is a single part number used for that entire month and then it changes.

As to what the differences are, I have been trying to find out and I have made posts on here for someone locally to show up and allow me to take a look and see but nobody has gotten back to me and nobody has responded. With that in mind, there is nothing I can guarantee until I physically get a car in here to see what the bushing in the subframe looks like to fully confirm.

2. Yes! We definitely ship to Canada.

Gary

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
Have you a picture of the Euro/09/ Impreza inserts for comparison, Gary? Seems the obvious difference would be visible from underneath the bush if a prospective purchaser removed one mounting bolt.

here:

round pegs vs flat tongues; the voids will look the same.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you a picture of the Euro/09/ Impreza inserts for comparison, Gary? Seems the obvious difference would be visible from underneath the bush if a prospective purchaser removed one mounting bolt.

here:

round pegs vs flat tongues; the voids will look the same.
I agree, but nobody even bothered to even contact us at all. We want to make sure that we can have proper sets made for those who do not have the new bushings.

Gary

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring
75 Posts
Is there something that I could do to help by removing a few bolts and taking some photos? I don't want to take apart the entire rear suspension to the point of needing an alignment, but I certainly want to help out if it will speed up the process!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there something that I could do to help by removing a few bolts and taking some photos? I don't want to take apart the entire rear suspension to the point of needing an alignment, but I certainly want to help out if it will speed up the process!
Just remove one of the 19mm bolts that hold the subframe up near the muffler and send me an image of what the bushing void looks like and from there I will be able to know.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
09 forester
186 Posts
interested in this as well. mines pre jun 10 :icon_frown:

gary, have you noticed decreased in suspension noise as well, if so how much

how difficult is the DIY install

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
interested in this as well. mines pre jun 10 :icon_frown:

gary, have you noticed decreased in suspension noise as well, if so how much

how difficult is the DIY install
If anything you should be noticing an increase in noise but I did not notice any increase in noise at all. If anything you will feel that car is whole. When you brake or accelerate, you notice how the car is more together instead of two.

Install is not difficult, at least for us with a lift and stand. But if you are doing the install yourself. It might seem daunting, but I would say it is not that difficult.

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First shipment of subframe bushing inserts have just arrived! We have just received the Comforts only on this shipment but Sports are on the way! Place your orders soon as most of the inventory is shipped out for those who already pre-ordered!

You can find the order link on the original post. :)

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have a few comfort sets left. All the pre-orders have been shipped out or installed locally. :)

Get yours to feel the difference!

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have received another order of the Comfort Inserts. For those who were not able to get in on the first round, here is your chance!

Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.