Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow I've ended up chipping the back my rear Subaru badge, right in the big star of the pleiades.. don't ask me how?

Part 8, #91174SA002; MSRP $54

or is it time to rock JDM pink>?

:biggrin:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,798 Posts
When I bought my '07 last year (June/09), the rear piece (garnish) that the badge is on was scratched, so the body shop replaced it. That rear piece (garnish) that the Subaru badge is on only comes as a unit. Just for grins I had them save the piece, thinking I'd pull off the badge. Short story, I was not able to get that thing off & I managed to destroy everything in he process & it all went into the garbage! :mad:

I'm not going to tell you how much that rear garnish cost! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,869 Posts
I'm not sure if the earlier models are able to do this, but the 03+ forester badges are clear plastic that are just painted from the back side. I sanded the back side down with very fine sand paper until it was all clear (minus the stars) and just spray painted it the color I wanted.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Also, I got the front badge project going...

Is there a way to take off the letters on the back hatch "SUBARU" and paint them and apply them back on?
I just spray bombed mine. Spend a few extra minutes carefully masking the letters. Once you get everything masked off good rough up the letters with a fine grit paper. Wipe them down with a tack cloth or damp towel. When it is dry, apply a few very light coats. if you apply too much the paint will seep around the masking and look like crap. Be very careful and patient.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Hm, alright. The masking around the letters was probably a *****, right?
Yup you will need some thinner masking tape, a utility knife and, a cold beer to keep your hand steady. :cool:

I caught hell for not taking them and I said "why would I take them off and then put them back on?"

In the future i want to get the optional spoiler, the Outback Limited grab handle and shave the badges and have it resprayed Acadia.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts