1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys see this thread?

http://tinyurl.com/do28o

Is that how low the strut attachments are on the Outback? That does not look right. I'd have thought they were more like up by where the shade attaches?

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
seems like he's done it right if it is the same setup as the B9...who makes the "X" shape strut brace that you have in that pic?

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
So it looks like things are getting closer on the MoBoost rear bar. Man looking at the one in your car...thats a nice looking set-up! So Peaty how did the pricing end-up on these, and were they offered as single bar only due to production issues? It sounds like there may be a few extras available possibly so I am interested.

Btw- Before the site dropped-off the planet a while back I know MoBoost was still awaiting some more of those lateral weldment fixes for the rear swaybar mount!! Peaty, If you have access to MoBoosts bat-phone maybe you could ask that question as well?

Jeff

G

·
Heh, that suspension design has been used since 1998 when the BE/BH was first introduced. WX's (Tribeca's) use a modified version of the multilink suspension, The shock attaches to the rear lateral arm, instead of the knuckle, and some other minor length differences.

·
The Modfather
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
N10S said:
So it looks like things are getting closer on the MoBoost rear bar. Man looking at the one in your car...thats a nice looking set-up! So Peaty how did the pricing end-up on these, and were they offered as single bar only due to production issues? It sounds like there may be a few extras available possibly so I am interested.

Btw- Before the site dropped-off the planet a while back I know MoBoost was still awaiting some more of those lateral weldment fixes for the rear swaybar mount!! Peaty, If you have access to MoBoosts bat-phone maybe you could ask that question as well?

Jeff
Best to PM him, he's on the site. I know for sure he will have extras of the sway bar setup. I forget the prices though, it was a while ago I sent the money. I still have the single bar in my garage, so he's going to send me the top caps next week so I can install that back. I had to send the prototype top caps back for him to mess with. He's waiting on the center where all the braces hook together. Those should be in next week. I hope they make it though. His machine shop has been jerking him around which is why it's been taking so long.. His runs are so small they keep getting put on a very low priority.

·
The Modfather
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THAWA said:
Heh, that suspension design has been used since 1998 when the BE/BH was first introduced. WX's (Tribeca's) use a modified version of the multilink suspension, The shock attaches to the rear lateral arm, instead of the knuckle, and some other minor length differences.
Looking at the strut brace he's installed, I wonder how effective it will be though. If the strut top is attached that low then it seems there will be a lot less flex anyway. I suppose every little bit will help though. This is a cut away of the B9 setup I took when it was introduced:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts