Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any close up photos of thier spoiler.

i have mine all sprayed up now and just about to fit it, would just like to see a few fitted before i go making swiss cheese out of my boot!

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

frazer

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
Doing mine soon ! just waiting parcel to arrive from USA. I can advise if you wait a bit and I've fitted a spoiler on impreza and SG5 forester before.

But not SF5.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,123 Posts
You can view my rear spoiler write up here. Yes, it comes with a paper template that has to be cut out. Positioning it is a PIA, but luckily, any errors will be minor & not visible. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know how to fit it, i have made up some templates, i would just like to see some close up shots of ones fitted.

im in two minds whether to fit it or not, I dont want to fit it then decide i dont quite like it, if you get my drift.

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
Andy, Where did ya get that rear bumper guard from ? And how did you get around to install that roof spoiler ?

And sorry it late to say congrat !

G

·
Bumper guard was brand new in the box and I got it from Andy Tang on here along with the rear spoiler and a few other bits...
The rear spoiler came with some pop in studs where you have to drill the tailgate and pop them in, as you wind the bolt in it spreads the pop in studs to make a secure fixing.
However the spoiler had been torn off Andy Tang's car by some vandals and the fixings were damaged, I decided to make my own bolts the correct lenght, I then drilled holes in the tailgate to locate the spoiler, I made my own template, I got some cardboard and cut it around the seating face of the spoiler, then placed it on tailgate and marked.
After drilling holes it was near on impossible to get the bolts into the spoiler as they are supposed to be screwed into the spoiler first then adjusted through the access holes to be tightened down. but the access holes did not offer enough movement for a straight allen key
As I was using allen bolts, I drilled 2 more holes directly underneath and fed them through connected to the end of an allen key, I also slipped a grommet over the bolts before screwing the spoiler down to give waterproofing and some "play" between the spoiler and tailgate.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
I can get some close ups of my 99MY spoiler when I get home....

Simon

·
Registered
06 Forester STi
73 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of mine:

These show the holes in the rear door where a JDM factory fitted spoiler has been removed:

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the photos and the info guys.

that orange forester GT looks fantastic.

Major, -thanks for the offer, i might just wait a while, im assuming i live quite close to you so if you need a hand fitting just give me a shout.

Simon, -Thanks, that would be great (you have a silver 2 tone same as me right?) by the way hows India? its on my list of "places to visit"

·
Registered
02 G20
171 Posts
Are all the SG9 spoilers interchangeable? I have a 07 XT Sport. As far as I know it's a factory spoiler. I would like to add a 08 spoiler with the 3rd brake light in it. But they look different. The 08 looks a lot like the one pictured above. With the tabs on it. Mine has no tabs. I'm guessing you have to access the spoiler from inside the hatch. Just want to know if anyone knows for sure if the holes will line up.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,968 Posts
Have you looked on Opposed Forces? The parts diagrams may shed some light on it.

Failing that, if @don1952 is on the forum later today, he may have useful info. He usually does!

·
Registered
2005 FSTI 'The Limo' Manual
420 Posts
Removed a genuine Subaru rear spoiler from a 2006 XT - it simply had a plastic retainer that pushed into the mounting hole at either end, then the threaded pins on the spoiler just pushed into it. Spoiler was also bonded - see photo:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
Are all the SG9 spoilers interchangeable? I have a 07 XT Sport. As far as I know it's a factory spoiler. I would like to add a 08 spoiler with the 3rd brake light in it. But they look different. The 08 looks a lot like the one pictured above. With the tabs on it. Mine has no tabs. I'm guessing you have to access the spoiler from inside the hatch. Just want to know if anyone knows for sure if the holes will line up.
The rear spoilers fitted worldwide vary from region to region and are fixed with different methods.

UK, Europe, Australia and other areas: Part # E721ESA000

US: Part # E721SSA000 (more wrap around at the corners)

Found this

which is in post [URL=http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 56[/URL] , page 10 of this thread..........
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/originalcyn-s-2004-jbp-forester-2-5xt-197490/

which may be helpful (or not) in answering your question.
Post #1 has useful shortcuts to the various spoiler posts :grin2:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
Further info:

Early JDM spoiler (upto MY04) is Part # 96032SA000xx (superceded by 96032SA001xx)
Later JDM version(from MY05) is Part # 96032SA100xx (where xx is paint code)

and seems to use both rivnuts (European spoiler fixing) and bolt through (US spoiler fixing) but it maybe just that the illustration shows parts for both versions:wink2:

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT 5MT
102 Posts
Does anyone have a template they no longer need or one that I can borrow and return, otherwise I'm guessing fitting without will be a little more tricky?

I have an SG9 STI spoiler to fit, bought from a fella on here, who imported it used from Japan Parts - part number 96033SA100

1 - 18 of 18 Posts