Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I KNOW this is for an SG, but will it fit the SF??

https://www.chaplinssubarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=624

I don't really like the look of the earlier SF spoiler, which seems to have an integral brake light https://www.chaplinssubarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=1180. As far as I can tell this would be overkill as I already have one in the glass, and who's to say it would be legal having two etc. I suppose I could remove the brake light if that is the only one that will fit and fill the gap, but the filler will inevitably sink etc and this seems like an awful lot of work just for a spoiler...

I keep missing them on fleabay! Grrrrrrrrrr.

Mike

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
OH YES IT IS......

I prefer the lightless to the lit.

Forget an SG, no chance of fitting.

Simon

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
I'm planning to fit a genuine JDM SF spoiler to the car this week or next and just realize that we've already got a high level brake light on the car !
So we don't want two brake light ! Do early SF5 forester or JDM forester got high level brake light ?

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
I know how you feel sheffscoob. Almost had my hands on one a couple of times but they were sold the day or 2 days before. :yell:

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
I'm planning to fit a genuine JDM SF spoiler to the car this week or next and just realize that we've already got a high level brake light on the car !
So we don't want two brake light ! Do early SF5 forester or JDM forester got high level brake light ?
My 1998 T/tb (JDM) has the brake light built into the rear spoiler.

Brian

·
Registered
682 Posts
The JDM spoiler already got a brake light built-in and the car too ! So is there anyway to remove the high level brake light from the car ? And get a trim to cover deleted brake light ?

·
Registered
2008 OBXT
101 Posts
The JDM spoiler already got a brake light built-in and the car too ! So is there anyway to remove the high level brake light from the car ? And get a trim to cover deleted brake light ?
Not sure where you'd get one over there, but it looks like something does exist to cover up the light.
I have no first hand experience with this, just remembered seeing it in the following thread.
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f65/key-fobs-rear-spoiler-oem-sf-navigation-unit-68323/

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
I have a high level break light in the back window, so have a light less rear spoiler, the window mounted one shines out underneath it.

Simon

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
I too have the higher brake light in the rear window. I also have a spoiler with no lights in it.

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
I too have the higher brake light in the rear window. I also have a spoiler with no lights in it.
Strange thought all JDM forester have brake light on the spoiler but thank to BioDoc will search for a trim :shrug:

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Strange thought all JDM forester have brake light on the spoiler but thank to BioDoc will search for a trim :shrug:
JDM models I don't know about. I only got a standard s-turbo euro model.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Euro .. no spoiler light.
JDM .. yes

As far as I remember...

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Forester200, this is the link I have been waiting for! Who are IMM Group??

Thanks a bunch mate :)

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks Don. Subaru importer's website is SO clunky!

Also noted they stock the front under spoiler!!!

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
i knew i had seen one somewhere and seemed to remember it being from Subaru themselves so i had a quick look under parts and hey presto ! there she was ...:biggrin: surprisingly cheap i thought all things considered....

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Absolutely mate!! I was almost ready to import one from the US from another SFOF member.

Now where's that credit card...?

Thanks for assistance as always folks!

No, MDG, it won't be fitted for the 27th. Unfortunately!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts