Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my Forester '10 to my local mechanic for the 7500 mile maintenance. The mechanic told me that the car has a rear shock leak, that should be covered by the warranty if I bring it to the Subaru dealership.

I'm also having issue with the passenger power window that can be really slow and seem to have a hard time going up.

I will take the car to Subaru for warranty work this week.

I'm a little surprised to run into these problems on such a new car (6 month old). Has anybody experienced similar issues?

·
Registered
2009 Forester (MT)
226 Posts
I just took my Forester '10 to my local mechanic for the 7500 mile maintenance. The mechanic told me that the car has a rear shock leak, that should be covered by the warranty if I bring it to the Subaru dealership.

I'm also having issue with the passenger power window that can be really slow and seem to have a hard time going up.

I will take the car to Subaru for warranty work this week.

I'm a little surprised to run into these problems on such a new car (6 month old). Has anybody experienced similar issues?
Yes. The Forester's windows take forever to close if opened during the winter when the temperature reaches 30 degrees F or colder. All this drag on the motors more than likely will cause some to burn, at least on my 2009 Forester. Sometimes I am afraid to leave the window open at the local coffee stand's drive-through when -20 degrees :) But a leaky strut can happen any time. For example, the small shocks used to open the hood leak after one or two Alaska winters. This happens not only to Subaru, but all automobiles that use these shocks on doors, hoods, etc. The ones on my Civic's trunk door break every three years or so :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts