Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2011 - Rear seat latch release not working?

('09-'13) 
8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Metaxa07 
#1 ·
Hello Gents first post ,2011 forester as stated it only folds forward, the knob is pulled out , its on the passenger side...

I'm very handy and work my house , jet skis and cars ,power equipment but this is a first , is this knob on a metal rod thats screwed in or pushed in I'm gonna look at it this wknd as this is my wife's car .This knob as compared to the other seat engages and disengages to lock the seat upright...
Anybody have this prob and will I need to order a part?.. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Before taking everything apart, make sure the release rod is not just jammed off to the side. It felt like the knob was screwing onto the rod, but was not. The rod was jammed off to the side. As far as accessing the release mechanism, it looks like you have to go through the upholstery.

#10 ·
Total thread bump- but I am having the same issue where the passenger side rear seat will not latch back into place in any position (fully upright vs fully reclined). Ive take the mushroom button off to see if it will lock in place without the button and still not latching.

Any ideas? Nothing appears stuck in the latch mechanism, nothing wedged between the seat. (cant tell if anything fell down the slot where the mushroom button goes which would prevent the mechanism from closing shut).

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.