Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can someone have a peek at their rear windows when they are down? Are they parallel with the door or are they (like mine) sloping from back to front at about 20 degrees? Both of mine are like this and it don't look right!!

They travel up and down fine though but when down there is a fair amount of play.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Ben

Same as this on the SF. I think this is because of the relatively short rear door shape and to accommodate for rear wheel arch. Hence why they don't retract fully, which kinda defeats the point of rear doors being frameless, IMHO..!

Mike

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
Hence why they don't retract fully, which kinda defeats the point of rear doors being frameless, IMHO..
Most cars only achieve full retraction of the rear sash windows by having a fixed rear quarterlight, and a quarterlight (if even possible) would also defeat the point of frameless doors. At least the tilt solution maximises the opening. Yes it looks strange but so does the whole car ;-)

-- Steve

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
I thought i had a window problem too. so i wound down the other side window and it looked "abnormally" the same....

the play in the windows on frameless doors generally comes from people closing the door by pushing on the glass. after a while the glass becomes loose and you get problems with it sealing properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts