Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Coffee Addict
2012 X Premium 5 Speeds of AWESOMENESS
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... *evil laugh* Got a problem. Of course, otherwise I wouldn't be in this sub forum. Blew a rear break line the other day. I know where it is leaking. If you are looking at the car from underneath with your back facing the engine bay, on the passenger side, before the wheel, there is a little junction box. The lower line is blown, corroded, and nasty. Also, there is no nut left on the fitting. I don't have the money to do a full replacement at this time, so I am going to have my mechanic cob it (bad word, but he has done it before and it lasted well after I sold the last car he did it to) together. I NEED to know where that lower line runs to (which wheel) so that he can run line from the wheel, to the line that runs in the car, bypassing the original line altogether.

Please and Thank you...

FS

Oh, and BTW, Brake fluid tastes disgusting!

·
Resident Coffee Addict
2012 X Premium 5 Speeds of AWESOMENESS
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the problem sorted, thanks guys... We are gonna bypass the junction box all together and run new lines from the wheels, and tie them into the lines under the seat in the cabin...

·
Registered
1998 forester s auto
27 Posts
That's what i did.Same situation as yours. Be sure to double flare. Replaced all the hoses too. Still not fond of the pedal feel on these cars though. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts