Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I've never done it, but I'm about to do it on my Toyota truck. From what I've found out, a competent garage mechanic can do it in half a day. It seems that several of the USMB.net members have torn the diff apart, so check over there. Subaru rear diffs have been the same for many years.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
I think it was SCC that did a rear LSD upgrade at one time on a project RS, from what I remember (it was a while ago) they reto fitted an OEM LSD and also needed to swap out the axles too. I may still have that around somewhere...

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peaty said:
I think it was SCC that did a rear LSD upgrade at one time on a project RS, from what I remember (it was a while ago) they reto fitted an OEM LSD and also needed to swap out the axles too. I may still have that around somewhere...

That'd be some real good info to have! :shock:

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
Tonight I have a date with the wife :) Grandma has the kids tonight too :Banane01: If I start to rummage for old car mags she may shoot me :Banane36: I have to pull two 16 hr days sat and sun so it most likely won't be till Monday if I remember to look, remind me, my brain will be mush by then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts