Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Forester
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some front 2.5 rs seats for my 1999 forester, my stock drivers seat was worn out and didn't have much support. I am not sure if the seats are much different, they look similar, but the rs seat really holds me in nicely. I did notice that my forester seats had adjustments on the side, and the rs does not.

Anyhow, I am trying to covert as much of the interior to black, so I am thinking of black carpet, and I would like to have matching rear seats. I know the 2.5rs wasn't available in a wagon, at least the gc8, so the seats wont work in theory. I would think the lower portion of the rear seat would be the same (in theory), I could get a top portion and take it to an apolstery shop and have them wrap the seats in the rs material. This could be pricey, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask.

I was also wondering if a rear seat out of a 2005 wrx wagon, which is black would work.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well I can tell you that OBS or L wagon seats will bolt in but they won't have the side bolsters or reclining feature like those on your '99 Forester. I went the other way and put complete set of leather 2000 Forester S seats in my 2000 OBS. The rear side bolsters wouldn't fit without a re-work so I left them out. Other than that they are a bolt in. So OBS or L wagon seats up to 2001 should go into your Forester and may even be able to use the flip forward feature but they really aren't as nice as the Forester rears. In your situation you'd probably be better off just getting your rear seats recovered in black to match the RS fronts.

·
Registered
2002 GT
155 Posts
I'm about a week off trying this myself...will let you know.

I'm thinking of transferring the frame etc from the stock seats.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
I have 04 WRX front & rear seats in my 04 XT.Fit just fine.

joe r

·
Registered
2002 GT
155 Posts
Bottom cushion works fine.

Top doesn't, mine was from a GC STi Ver6 RA though & didnt have bracing etc or ability to fold down. Its slightly too wide for the Forester interior plastics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts