Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear gate automatically opens and closes with the remote and dash board buttons but only unlocks with the outside button. The outside button will close the gate as will the bottom of the gate button. tried all the resets listed but to no avail. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Theseus161 No, the key fob and the dashboard buttons work properly to open and close the gate. The button on the outside by the license plate unlatches but does not lift the gate. It beeps twice and unlatches then one must lift the gate by hand. That same outside button does close the gate and will the gate is closing if pushed again the gate will stop closing and open.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5X Prem AT
6 Posts
I had trouble getting mine to open too. My wife would walk up and open it no problem, what the heck? Well I found that she was hitting the button (not holding it down) for a single beep and letting go and it always opens. When I was doing it I would hold for the second beep and would only unlock it and then I had to manually lift it. HTH.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@jucaben Ive been doing it correctly for four years and I must have suddenly forgot. Thanks for the info - it works as you stated. It's just another of my HUA problems!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts